The City of O’Fallon’s Home Improvement Loan Program (HILP) provides a one-time, no-interest forgivable loan of up to $5,000 to eligible residents to make repairs and improvements to owner occupied property.
- The loan will be forgiven if you remain in the home for five years.
- Once accepted into the program, an initial housing code and environmental inspection will be conducted for both the interior and exterior of the house.
- Eligible repairs include such projects as repair or replacement of water heaters, sump pumps, roofs, windows and AC/furnace. Please see the application for a complete list.
- Ineligible expenditures include new construction, appliances, and security alarm systems.
- Housing code violations must be corrected before other projects.
- Work must be completed within six months of the initial inspection date.
- Payment is made from the City after the Final City inspection.
Interested residents may:
- Mail applications to
Attn: Public Assistance Office
City of O'Fallon
100 North Main Street
O'Fallon, MO 63366
- Email applications to email@example.com
- Fax applications to 636-379-5617
- Drop them in the utility billing drop-box near the East Entrance of City Hall
Eligibility for the Home Improvement Loan Program
In order to be considered for the Home Improvement Loan Program, the following criteria must be met:
The applicant must:
- Be the fee simple owner and occupant of the single family dwelling to be improved
- Have no pending bankruptcies
- Have resided in the dwelling for at least one year prior to application
- Not be a newly-legalized alien
- Be current on mortgage payments, real estate taxes, and have no outstanding federal, state or city tax liens.
The house to be improved must:
- Be located within the City of O’Fallon and not in a floodplain
- And have no outstanding federal, state or city tax liens
- Be a single family, permanently-affixed structure
The household income:
To qualify as low-to-moderate income, the total gross income of all members of the household over the age of 18 must not exceed the set limits, which are established by HUD:
|Occupants in House||Total Gross Income|
If you're interested in applying, please return a completed application package in person at O'Fallon Municipal Centre (100 North Main Street, O'Fallon, MO 63366) or by mail in attention to: Public Assistance Specialist.
Contact Public Assistance staff
|Alexis Jaegers, Public Assistance Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org||636-379-5411|