November 29 – December 30
Celebration of Lights is a holiday light display held at Fort Zumwalt Park. Each scene is designed and funded by local organizations, churches and businesses. Started in 1991, the event attracts more than 10,000 vehicles each year and more than 10,000 individuals during the Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll.
No reservations needed.
- 6 – 9 p.m., Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, (except 12/10 and 12/25)
- 6 – 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday
- Mondays: Closed to vehicle traffic – Train rides by advance reservation only (see below)
Admission: $10 for cars; $15 for commercial vans and limousines; $1 per person on tour buses ($25 minimum)
- Tuesday Night Special - $8 for all non-commercial vehicles
- Wednesday – Sunday, bring a food pantry donation of canned or boxed goods and get a $1 discount per vehicle.
- Please note: Celebration of Lights is closed on Christmas Day, December 25.
Reservations are required. Please make reservations at least two weeks in advance, if available.
All train rides are sold out for 2019. 2020 rides start booking in August, so please call then to book a 2020 train ride.
Mondays only! Time slots include 5:45, 6:15, 6:45, 7:15, 7:45 8:15 and 8:45 p.m. Reservations are required. To schedule your ride, call 636-379-5606.
- Admission: Adults – $10; children (ages 1–11) - $5; Under 1 – Free
Rides are approximately 20 minutes. Riders are encouraged to bring blankets for extra warmth.
Refund policy found in Parks & Rec Guide. No refunds or credits will be given less than 7 days before the start of the reserved ride. A service fee $5 or 10% (whichever is greater) will apply to refunds initiated by the customer.
Horse-drawn Carriage Rides
Available nightly except December 9, 10 and 25. Rides must be reserved in advance. Rides last approximately 20 minutes.
- 12-passenger carriage – $145
- 6-passenger carriage – $65
- Children ages 2 and under ride free if seated on a paying adult’s lap.
- There will be no carriage rides during the Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll on December 9 and 10, or Christmas Day, December 25.
Riders are encouraged to bring blankets for extra warmth. Prices do not include gratuity for your driver. Contact Brookdale Farms at 636-938-1005.
Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll
Walk-through nights at Celebration of Lights
Avoid the lines! From November 12 – December 6, Holiday Stroll wristbands may be purchased in advance at the Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices, 400 Civic Park Drive, or the Renaud Spirit Center, 2650 Tri Sports Circle. The discounted wristbands costs $3 per person (ages 3 and up) when purchased in advance. On the nights of the Holiday Stroll, the same wristbands cost $5 each.
Monday, December 9, and Tuesday, December 10, 6–8:30 p.m.
- Admission: $3 per person (in advance; Nov. 12 - Dec. 6); $5 per person on day of event (cash only); Ages 2 and under are free
- Parking with free shuttle service to the Holiday Stroll: First Baptist Church of O’Fallon, 8750 Veterans Memorial Parkway; O’Fallon Christian Church, 9380 Veterans Memorial Parkway.
- Pedestrians are welcome to bring strollers, wagons, walkers and wheelchairs. The following are NOT allowed: motorized hoverboards, kids’ scooters, bikes, skateboards or pets/dogs (except service dogs).
- Rides will not be available this night.
- Pre-purchase admission wristbands at Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices, 400 Civic Park Drive. The offices are open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. The Renaud Center is also selling wristbands in advance. View the Renaud Center's hours of operation here.
- The event is held rain or shine!
Visitors may walk along the illuminated route, enjoy holiday music, visit with Santa and watch a fireworks show. Holiday gifts and food will be on sale from O’Fallon-based non-profit organizations. Fireworks start at 7:25 p.m.
Plan a route to Celebration of Lights
1000 Jessup Lane, O'Fallon, MO 63366