The Human Resources Department is responsible for providing personnel services for the City of O’Fallon. In addition to assisting with recruitment, selection and placement of all employees, the Human Resources Department oversees benefit administration, employee relations, training and development, personnel policies, procedures and compensation. The Risk Management Coordinator oversees all safety programs and administers liability and worker’s compensation programs for the City and involves a mix of self-insured and third party servicer components. All Human Resources staff are committed to the highest ethical and professional standards to all job candidates and employees.
The City of O’Fallon seeks to fill open positions with individuals who are team-oriented and looking for a workplace that is family-friendly and offers competitive pay with opportunities to grow professionally. We offer competitive salaries with attractive benefits to full-time employees such as medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; pension and retirement plans; paid vacation and sick leave; paid holidays; employee assistance programs and tuition reimbursement benefits.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). Employment applications are considered solely on the basis of qualifications and special requirements without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability or any other protected status under applicable state and federal laws.
Additional Information for Applicants
About our Hiring Process:
- Applications are accepted online only. All jobs are posted on our website and on Indeed.com. To view available jobs and apply online click here.
- Once an application has been submitted online, an auto-generated email will be sent to the email address you provide confirming that we have received your application. If you exit out of the application prior to completion, you will receive an email reminding you to complete your application. Incomplete applications will prevent you from being considered for the position you are wishing to apply. Please check your email’s spam or junk folders to ensure that you are receiving communications from the City.
- We respectfully ask that you do not call for an update on your application. Should you be selected to participate in the interview process, we will be happy to discuss the position with you in more detail. If you are having technical difficulties, please call 636-240-2000 and ask for the Human Resources department. Please be sure to check your email regularly after you’ve applied for a position.
- After the posted closing date, all applications are reviewed by the Hiring Manager(s) to select which candidates they wish to interview. Typically, all candidates are contacted within two weeks of the closing date listed. Hiring decisions normally are made 15-45 days after the closing date of the job posting. Positions within the Police Department may take considerably longer due to a more extensive testing and background check schedule.
- Full-time positions generally are 40 hours per week. Part-time and seasonal positions work less than 1,500 hours per year and do not offer any benefits.
The City of O’Fallon makes every effort to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals. If you need assistance or an accommodation for the application, interview or a particular testing process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 636-240-2000. Please allow 48-hour advance notice of the accommodation you are requesting. If selected for employment, prospective employees must pass a pre-employment drug test and thorough background check before beginning employment with the City. Some positions within the City may require additional pre-employment screenings prior to beginning employment.
Important Information for Job Seekers
How do I find out if there are any job openings?
All job openings are advertised in the following places:
- O'Fallon website
- Job listing book located at City Hall receptionist desk
- Various internet job boards, such as Indeed.com, Monster.com, etc.
- www.stltoday.com (Select positions)
Who can apply for a job with the City of O’Fallon?
Anyone can apply for a position with the City. Most jobs have a required level of education, experience, skills and abilities, which will be set forth in the job announcement. In addition, the Department Directors or the Manager of Human Resources can remove applicants from further consideration if he/she:
- Does not possess the minimum qualifications.
- Does not pass all tests and examinations.
- Has established an unsatisfactory employment or personnel record as evidenced by a reference check of such a nature as to demonstrate unsuitability for employment.
- Does not meet employment standards of the City.
- For those employees dealing with children as part of their employment, if the candidate has a documented history of being hostile or unfriendly towards child welfare in the Division of Family Services records.
- Has provided any substantive information that is found to be untrue or intentionally misleading. False statements or misrepresentations shall be cause for termination when they are discovered, regardless of the longevity of the employee.
Where do I apply? Do I have to apply in person?
What must I include in my application?
Do I have to live in O'Fallon, be a resident of Missouri or have a Missouri's Driver's License to apply?
How many jobs can I apply for with one application?
What types of positions are available?
Full-time regular: Employment is generally (for non-uniformed employees) 40 hours per week and includes a full range of benefits.
Part-time regular: Works 24-29 hours per week throughout the year. There are no benefits associated with part-time employment.
Seasonal: Usually works for a defined specific period. May work up to 40 hours per week for that defined period. There are no benefits associated with seasonal employment.