City of O'Fallon Hiring incentive
All full-time positions posted, on the City website, after October 1, 2022 will be eligible for either a $500 or $1,000 incentive as identified in the job posting.
O'Fallon continues to be a great place to live, work, and play! See all current job openings and start your new career with the City of O'Fallon!
Learn more about the New Hire Incentive Program (PDF).
The City of O’Fallon seeks to fill open positions with individuals who are team-oriented and looking for a workplace that is family-friendly and offers competitive pay with opportunities to grow professionally. We offer competitive salaries with attractive benefits to full-time employees such as medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; pension and retirement plans; paid vacation and sick leave; paid holidays; employee assistance programs and tuition reimbursement benefits.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). Employment applications are considered solely on the basis of qualifications and special requirements without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability or any other protected status under applicable state and federal laws.
- Applications are accepted online only. All positions are posted on the City of O'Fallon website and Indeed.com. View presently available jobs and apply online now.
- Once an application has been submitted online, an auto-generated email will be sent to the email address you provide confirming that we have received your application. If you exit out of the application prior to completion, you will receive an email reminding you to complete your application. Incomplete applications will prevent you from being considered for the position you are wishing to apply. Please check your email’s spam or junk folders to ensure that you are receiving communications from the City.
- We respectfully ask that you do not call for an update on your application. Should you be selected to participate in the interview process, we will be happy to discuss the position with you in more detail. If you are having technical difficulties, please call 636-240-2000 and ask for the Human Resources department. Please be sure to check your email regularly after you’ve applied for a position.
- After the posted closing date, all applications are reviewed by the Hiring Manager(s) to select which candidates they wish to interview. Typically, all candidates are contacted within two weeks of the closing date listed. Hiring decisions normally are made 15-45 days after the closing date of the job posting. Positions within the Police Department may take considerably longer due to a more extensive testing and background check schedule.
- Full-time positions generally are 40 hours per week. Part-time and seasonal positions work less than 1,500 hours per year and do not offer any benefits.
The City of O’Fallon makes every effort to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals. If you need assistance or an accommodation for the application, interview or a particular testing process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 636-240-2000. Please allow 48-hour advance notice of the accommodation you are requesting. If selected for employment, prospective employees must pass a pre-employment drug test and thorough background check before beginning employment with the City. Some positions within the City may require additional pre-employment screenings prior to beginning employment.
Carrier Type Business Name Group Number Phone Website Medical insurance United Healthcare 275417 1-800-241-4675 www.myuhc.com Dental insurance Delta Dental 0123-0071 1-800-335-8266 www.deltadentalmo.com Vision insurance EyeMed 1008442 1-866-939-3633 www.eyemedvisioncare.com Life insurance / AD&D Prudential 71389 1-800-524-0542 www.prudential.com/mybenefits Employee Assistance Program PAS www.paseap.com