O’Fallon consistently ranks as one of America’s Best Places to Live, (Money 2008-2019). But did you know that O’Fallon, along with and the entire region, is a great place to do business, too? O’Fallon, the State of Missouri and the St. Louis Metropolitan Area have earned many accolades and recognitions for being pro-business!
- Top 10 for Pro-business States, Pollina Corporate
- Third for business energy costs, Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council
- 14th lowest state for cost of living, Missouri Economic Research and Information Center
- “One of the Best Cities to do Business” MarketWatch
- 23rd Best Place for Business and Careers in the U.S. by Forbes magazine
- Third for most affordable housing among the top 20 metropolitan areas, NA HB/Wells Fargo Housing Opportunity Index, 4th quarter
- Named #2 in the State of Missouri for Job Growth
The City of O’Fallon takes pride in fostering a pro-business atmosphere, working in concert with our manufacturers, retailers and service providers. Whether your business is well-established or brand new, O’Fallon’s Economic Development Department can help you get your plans off the drawing board and your projects up and running.
Quality of Life
With the philosophy of “family first,” the City of O’Fallon, Missouri, has achieved phenomenal growth for over a decade, making it one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation. The belief that the opportunity to live, work and play within the same community should be readily available supports the strong family values that are O’Fallon’s greatest asset and the foundation on which the City continues to build its future.
- O’Fallon continues to receive national accolades for being one of America’s “Best Places to Live.” From 2007–2011, Relocate-America.com has consistently recognized O’Fallon as one of America’s “Top 100” cities. In addition, the City has been named one of America’s “Best Places to Live” (Money magazine, 2006-2019) and one of America’s safest cities (CQ Press).
- Nearly 1,850 businesses call O’Fallon home, satisfying the tastes and styles of almost everyone.
- Shopping and dining experiences range from large retail chains to small independent businesses located along the following main corridors: Bryan Road, Highway K, Main Street, Tom Ginnever, WingHaven and the I-64 high tech corridor.
- O’Fallon is rooted in community tradition through its numerous attractions and events including the 9/11 Memorials, Veterans Memorial Walk, Heritage & Freedom Fest, Fall Fest, Founders’ Day and Celebration of Lights.
- More than 450 acres of parks are located throughout the City offering a wide array of sporting and cultural activities throughout the year for all ages.
- Recreational facilities include the City’s own Renaud Spirit Center (indoor recreation complex), Alligator’s Creek Aquatic Center, T.R. Hughes Ballpark and the O’Fallon Family YMCA.
- Public infrastructure continues to be a significant City focus, with millions budgeted for the street and road improvement fund for infrastructure improvements and maintenance.
- O’Fallon’s Police Department serves and protects the citizens and businesses of O’Fallon, helping to ensure one of the lowest crime rates in the region.
Our Awards and Honors
With the philosophy of “family first,” the City of O’Fallon, Missouri, has achieved phenomenal growth for more than four decades, making it one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation. The belief that the opportunity to live, work and play within the same community should be readily available supports the strong family values that are O’Fallon’s greatest asset and the foundation on which the City continues to build its future. O’Fallon continues to receive national accolades. The following are among its honors:
- "Best Place to Live in the State of Missouri," www.ChamberofCommerce.org, 2019
- #52 on "The Top 101 Safest Cities in America," SafeHome.org, 2019
- Safest large City in Missouri, National Council for Home Safety, 2019
- Safest large City in Missouri, National Council for Home Safety, 2018
- Ranked #8 by 247WallSt.com in its list of "America's 50 Best Cities to Live," 2017
- Ranked #3 on smartasset.com's ranking of the "Best Small Cities to Raise a Family"
- Ranked #42 on Money Magazine "Top 100 Places to Live," 2017
- #2 on Military Times' listing of "Best Places for Vets," 2017
- One of the top 50 cities to “build your dream home,” goodcall.com, 2017
- Named “Safest City in Missouri (pop. 75,000+), National Council of Home Safety and Security, 2017
- Named one of the country’s “Top 10 Cities for Families 2017,” by ApartmentList.com, which ranked O’Fallon as 8th best overall. O’Fallon is the only Missouri city on the Top 10 list
- Named #8 in the “Best Cities in America” listing from 247WallSt.com, 2016
- Named one of the "Best Cities for Young Families" by ApartmentList.com, 2016
- Named #2 in the State of Missouri for Job Growth by Wallethub.com, 2016
- Military Times listed the City of O’Fallon, Missouri as one of the country’s “Best for Vets: Places to Live,” 2016.
- Named 5th in metro area home sales for 2016, St. Louis Business Journal (2017 article)
- Named one of the ten “Best Cities for the Buck” by Military Times, 2016
- Named one of Missouri’s safest cities by CreditDonkey.com, 2016
- Named one of Missouri’s safest cities by BackgroundChecks.org, 2016
- Named top 20 “Safest City in Missouri” by safewise.com, 2015-2016
- Named 5th safest of Missouri’s cities by OnlyInYourState.com, 2015
- Named 5th on “America’s Safest Cities” by CQ Press, 2008–2016
- Named one of the “Best Small Cities for Singles”, coming in at #8 in the country by datingadvice.com, 2015
- Named one of America’s “Best Places to Live” by Money magazine in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2017
- Named 39th “Fastest Growing Community” for small cities (population of less than 100,000) and 2nd “Fastest in Job Growth” by Wallet-hub, 2014
- Named one of the “Best Places in Missouri to Own a Home” and rated 5th in state for homeownership by Nerdwallet, 2014
- Ranked as one of Relocate-America’sä “Top 100 Places to Live,” 2007-2011