Yard waste collection is an optional service available once per week from the 2nd Monday in March through the 2nd Friday in December of each year.
Cost is $5.62 per month ($11.25 for bi-monthly bill) and is billed throughout the year. A 1-YEAR COMMITMENT IS REQUIRED.
Service is same day as recycling. There will be two separate trucks picking up your yard waste and recycling.
Yard waste includes leaves, grass clippings, limbs and branches (not to exceed 6 inches in diameter). Yard waste DOES NOT include dirt, sod, rock, concrete, asphalt, lumber, tree stumps or logs over 6 inches in diameter. No pet/animal feces can be included in yard waste.
Yard waste may be disposed of in any of the following methods, but with no more than 10 of these combined:
- Resident-owned refuse container
- 30-gallon kraft paper yard waste bags (plastic bags are NOT acceptable)
- Limbs/branches. 6 inches or less in diameter, four (4) feet or less in length, bundled in twine (NO WIRE). Bundles not to exceed two (2) feet in diameter.
Please limit each individual unit to 60 lbs. or less because of the manual pick-up process.
Residents who do not wish to sign up for a full-year of service may choose to utilize our "one-time" pick service. The cost is $2 per bag, bundle or cart with a minimum charge of $20. These pick ups must be scheduled in advance and may be scheduled by calling 636-272-0477.
In addition to curbside collection, Hansen's Environmental Wood Resources will accept yard waste from residents of the City of O'Fallon for a fee. Please call Hansen's directly at 636-379-1830 to schedule a drop-off and bring in a photo ID with your O'Fallon address.
Off-season Yard Waste Pick Up
Once-a-month yard waste collection is on the 4th Wednesday of the month in December, January and February.
- Call 636-272-0477 in advance to schedule
- Free to residents currently enrolled in the program
- $2.00 per bag, bundle or can with a minimum charge of $20 if not enrolled