November 28 – December 30 (Closed Dec. 25)
Celebration of Lights is a holiday light display held at Fort Zumwalt Park. Each scene is designed and funded by local organizations, churches and businesses. Started in 1991, the event attracts more than 10,000 vehicles each year and more than 5,000 individuals during the Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll.
Drive-through, no reservations needed:
- Sunday, Tuesday through Thursday (except Tuesday, December 9), 6 – 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 6 – 10 p.m.
- Monday, closed to vehicle traffic – Train and Segway rides by advance reservation only (see below)
Admission: $9 for cars; $15 for commercial vans and limousines; $1 per person on tour buses ($25 minimum)
- Tuesday Night Special - $7 for all non-commercial vehicles
- Wednesday – Sunday, bring a food pantry donation of canned or boxed goods and get a $1 discount per vehicle.
Reservations are required for each of these rides.
Segway Tours on Monday nights by Glide St. Louis –
Starting at 5 p.m. each Monday evening, you’ll be able to see a magical mile of illuminated forest and holiday scenes in Fort Zumwalt Park “up close and personal” from 360 degrees on a Segway. No cars will be allowed in the park that night.
Suitable for ages 16 and up, small groups on holiday-decorated Segways will be led through the Celebration of Lights by Santa. One-on-one training will be provided beforehand, and complimentary hot chocolate will be served after the tour. Photos will be taken of each team and emailed by request, free.
The cost for the special Celebration of Lights Segway Tour is $30 per person. Reservations are required. For more information and to book your tour, please call Glide St. Louis Tours at 314-868-7386. Learn more at Glide St. Louis' webpage.
Carriage Rides –
- Private carriages are $75 for 4 – 6 passengers.
- Private wagons are $150 for up to 12 passengers.
- Community wagons are $10 per passenger up to 12 passengers; passengers may be seated with other parties.
- Children age 4 and under ride free if seated on a paying adult’s lap.
- Call to ask about same-day community rides (subject to available space).
- There are no carriage rides at Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll on December 9.
Rides are approximately 30 minutes. Riders are encouraged to bring blankets for extra warmth. Snacks and drinks are permitted on wagons, only.
A credit card is required to hold your reservation; however you may pay by cash, check or credit card. 12 hours cancellation notice is required. If you do not show for your reservation, your credit card will be charged. Prices do not include gratuity for your driver.
Train Rides –
- Admission: Adults - $7; children (ages 1 - 11) - $5; Under 1 - Free
Rides are approximately 20 minutes. Riders are encouraged to bring blankets for extra warmth.
Tuesday - Thursday, except December 9. Time slots each night: 6 and 7 p.m. Reservations are required. To schedule your ride, call 636-379-5606.
- Admission: $100 for groups of 25 (including children seated on your lap)
Rides are approximately 25 minutes. Riders are encouraged to bring blankets for warmth.
Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll
Walk-through night at Celebration of Lights
Tuesday, December 9, 6 - 9 p.m.
- Admission: $2 per person; Ages 2 and under are free
- Parking with free shuttle service to the Holiday Stroll: First Baptist Church of O’Fallon, 8750 Veterans Memorial Parkway; O’Fallon Christian Church, 9380 Veterans Memorial Parkway.
- Sorry, no pets allowed at this event.
- Carriage rides will not be available this night.
- The event is held rain or shine!
Visitors may walk along the illuminated route and enjoy holiday music, visit with Santa, fireworks and booths filled with holiday crafts, gifts and festival food. Fireworks at 7:25 p.m.