The O’Fallon Veterans Commission consists of eleven (11) citizen members appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Council and one member of the City Council selected by the Council. All members are residents of St. Charles County, and six (6) of the members have served in the armed forces of the United States. The City Council liaison to the Veterans Commission is Councilmember Richard "Rick" Battelle.
The Veterans Commission advises the Mayor, City Council, and City Administrator on matters concerning Veterans’ affairs, as well as the preservation and upkeep of the City’s war memorials, including the Veterans Memorial Walk.
The commission also oversees planning for ceremonies, holidays and events honoring veterans and interacts with local Veterans’ organizations.
Veterans Affairs Office Hours, News
The O’Fallon Veterans Affairs and 131 Bomb Wing Retiree Activities Office (131BW RAO) is currently open Monday and Tuesday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., and on Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. (except on major holidays). The office helps any veteran needing assistance in obtaining benefits, with volunteer staff supporting all branches of service in providing information to former military personnel and family. The office is located in room 313 of the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall). An appointment is not necessary but calling before your visit is encouraged.
- Martha Morrison and Connie Miller have joined our staff supporting widowed spouses of former military service personnel.
- On the 2nd Friday of each month, Dan McFarland, a Veterans Service Officer, is in the office to assist individuals with VA problems. To make an appointment with Dan, call 636-949-7330 or 636-949-7900.
Veterans Affairs Office/131BW RAO Office 636.379.5577
Veterans' memorials in O’Fallon
- 9-11 Memorial: A Tribute to First Responders
- O'Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk
- Omer J. Dames War Memorial
- Information on the June 22, 2013, "Welcome Home Veterans" Event at Jefferson Barracks (PDF)
- American Legion Post #388 (Phone: 636-219-0553)
- AMVETS Post 106
- Camp Hope at Chris Neal Farm
- Disabled American Veterans
- DD Form 214 Information
- Franklin County Honor Flight
- GI Bill Information
- Marine Corps League, St. Charles Co. Detachment 725
- Missouri Veterans Commission
- National Park Service (Search for War Memorials)
- Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing
- Support Dogs, Inc.
- VFW Post 5077, (636) 272-1945
- VVA Chapter 458
- Veterans Benefits Administration
- Veterans Affairs - Home Loan Program
- Veterans Affairs - Health Administration, St. Charles Clinic - located in O'Fallon near Hwy K & I-64