The O’Fallon Veterans Commission consists of eleven (11) citizen members appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Council and one member of the City Council selected by the Council. All members are residents of St. Charles County, and six (6) of the members have served in the armed forces of the United States. The City Council liaison to the Veterans Commission is Councilmember Jeff Schwentker.
The Veterans Commission advises the Mayor, City Council, and City Administrator on matters concerning Veterans’ affairs, as well as the preservation and upkeep of the City’s war memorials, including the Veterans Memorial Walk.
The commission also oversees planning for ceremonies, holidays and events honoring veterans and interacts with local Veterans’ organizations.
Veterans Assistance Office
The O’Fallon Veterans Assistance Office / 131 Bomb Wing Retiree Activities Office (131BW RAO) is located in room 313 (on the third floor) of the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall).
Currently, the office is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., and on Friday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. (except on major holidays). However, on the 2nd Friday of each month, Veterans Service Officer Dan McFarland will be in the office to assist individuals with VA problems. Appointments are recommended; to make an appointment call 314-253-4450 for Dan McFarland or 636-949-7900 (Ext. 7213) for David Taylor.
The office helps all veterans with assistance in obtaining benefits, with volunteer staff supporting all branches of service in providing information to former military personnel and their families. An appointment is not necessary but calling before your visit is encouraged.
Women who are veterans, retirees or spouses, and have questions and would prefer to speak with another woman in the Veterans Office for information, we have four ladies who are veterans, spouses or widows who can help. Please for their workday schedule to contact or visit them. If you leave a message, the call will be returned by one of the women volunteers.
Contact the Veterans Assistance Office/131BW RAO Office
Veterans' memorials in O’Fallon
- 9-11 Memorial: A Tribute to First Responders
- O'Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk
- Omer J. Dames War Memorial
- American Legion Post #388; phone: 636-219-0553
- American Legion Department of Missouri
- American Legion National
- AMVETS Post 106; phone: 636-397-1660
- Camp Hope at Chris Neal Farm
- Disabled American Veterans
- DD Form 214 Information
- GI Bill Information
- Honor Flights
- Central Missouri Honor Flight (Columbia, MO)
- Franklin County Honor Flight (Union, MO)
- Great River Honor Flight (Hannibal, MO)
- Greater St. Louis Honor Flight (Chesterfield, MO)
- Marine Corps League, St. Charles Co. Detachment 725; phone: 636-978-1376
- Missouri Veterans Commission
- National Park Service – Search for War Memorials.
- Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing
- Support Dogs, Inc.
- VFW Post 5077; phone: 636-272-1945
- VFW Department of Missouri
- VVA Chapter 458
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- VVA Missouri
- Veterans Benefits Administration
- Veterans Affairs – Home Loan Program
- Veterans Affairs – Health Administration, St. Charles Clinic – located in O'Fallon near Hwy K & I-64
- Veterans Health Library