The O’Fallon Veterans Commission consists of eleven (11) citizen members appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Council and one member of the City Council selected by the Council. All members are residents of St. Charles County, and six (6) of the members have served in the armed forces of the United States. The City Council liaison to the Veterans Commission is Councilmember Mike Pheney.
The Veterans Commission advises the Mayor, City Council, and City Administrator on matters concerning Veterans’ affairs, as well as the preservation and upkeep of the City’s war memorials, including the Veterans Memorial Walk.
The commission also oversees planning for ceremonies, holidays and events honoring veterans and interacts with local Veterans’ organizations.
Veterans Assistance Office
The O’Fallon Veterans Assistance Office /131 Bomb Wing Retiree Activities Office (131BW RAO) is located in room 313 (on the third floor) of the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall).
Currently, the office is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., and on Friday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. (except on major holidays). However, on the 2nd Friday of each month, Veterans Service Officer Dan McFarland will be in the office to assist individuals with VA problems. Appointments are recommended; to make an appointment with Dan call 636-949-7330 or 636-949-7900.
The office helps all veterans with assistance in obtaining benefits, with volunteer staff supporting all branches of service in providing information to former military personnel and their families. An appointment is not necessary but calling before your visit is encouraged.
Contact the Veterans Assistance Office/131BW RAO Office
Veterans' memorials in O’Fallon
- 9-11 Memorial: A Tribute to First Responders
- O'Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk
- Omer J. Dames War Memorial
- American Legion Post #388; phone: 636-219-0553
- AMVETS Post 106; phone: 636-397-1660
- Camp Hope at Chris Neal Farm
- Disabled American Veterans
- DD Form 214 Information
- Franklin County Honor Flight
- GI Bill Information
- Marine Corps League, St. Charles Co. Detachment 725; phone: 636-978-1376
- Missouri Veterans Commission
- National Park Service – Search for War Memorials.
- Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing
- Support Dogs, Inc.
- VFW Post 5077; phone: 636-272-1945
- VVA Chapter 458
- Veterans Benefits Administration
- Veterans Affairs – Home Loan Program
- Veterans Affairs – Health Administration, St. Charles Clinic – located in O'Fallon near Hwy K & I-64