The Building Division performs plan review and inspections on new residential and commercial properties. Residential permits are required for any new home, as well as for decks, sheds, pools, basement finishes, additions and major alterations. Residential rental occupancy permits are required before occupying the unit. Commercial permits are required for any new commercial project including alterations or additions. This division is also responsible for the planning and implementation of the City’s adopted building codes and ordinances.
New feature added! You may now apply for a permit directly from the below link. Not all permit types are available, yet; however, we will be rolling out new permits types in the near future.
The division is located on the second floor of O'Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall). Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
You may schedule an inspection online by clicking this link, or call 636-379-5595. Any inspection request received prior to 4 p.m. will be placed on the inspection list for the following business day, unless otherwise specified.
Inspections are performed typically between 8:30 am—3:30 pm Monday Thru Friday (with the exception of Holidays) and are subject to change. Emergencies or other unpredictable events arise that may affect the day’s schedule or the amount of time required to complete an inspection.
The section of the website is presently under construction. We are in the process of implementing an improved permit scheduling and tracking database. The new system will be functional in Spring 2016, and should greatly improve functionality and customer satisfaction. Thank you for your patience!
Current Codes and Adoptive Ordinances (PDF files)
- 2009 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2009 International Residential Code (IRC), Addendum: Ordinance 5686
- 2008 National Electric Code (NEC), Addendum: Ordinance 5685
- 2009 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2009 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2009 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC)
- 2009 International Fire Code
- 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2007 NFPA – Sprinklers
- 2003 ICC/ANSI A117.1 Accessibility
Other resources (PDF files)
Please note: The City of O'Fallon is served by multiple independent fire districts that are separate governmental entities and do not fall under the authority of the City of O'Fallon. These districts may require their own building permit. Please contact the appropriate district for more information. The districts are:
- Central County Fire & Rescue
- Cottleville Fire Protection District
- Lake Saint Louis Fire Protection District
- New Melle Fire Protection District
- O'Fallon Fire Protection District
- Wentzville Fire Protection District
Contact Building staff
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Building Division's main telephone line at 636-379-5660. You may also contact the employees below directly: