The Planning and Development Department is responsible for the current and future physical development of the City. Using O'Fallon's Municipal Code and the 2015 Update to the City's Comprehensive Plan, which was originally completed in 2008, staff, with the assistance of the the Planning and Zoning Commission, Board of Adjustment and City Council, implements planning goals and principles to create a community that offers better choices for where and how our citizens live.
Planning staff's responsibilities include the review of all land development plans, as well as issues relating to the City's zoning and other land use ordinances. The Department also has personnel involved in the creation and maintenance of the City's GIS-based computer mapping programs. The GIS Division also provides support to other departments.
- Municipal Code (link) - Search for "Title IV: Land Use"
- Board of Adjustment
- Downloadable forms and permits
- O'Fallon's "Green" Initiative
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Open in the "O" brochure (PDF)
- When do I need a permit? (PDF)
- A guide for homeowners' associations (PDF)
Contact Planning and Development staff