City of O'Fallon Hiring incentive
All full-time positions posted, on the City website, after October 1, 2022 will be eligible for either a $500 or $1,000 incentive as identified in the job posting.
O'Fallon continues to be a great place to live, work, and play! See all current job openings and start your new career with the City of O'Fallon!
Learn more about the New Hire Incentive Program (PDF).
The O'Fallon Police Department is a progressive organization consisting of 120 sworn officers and 37 full-time non-sworn personnel. The department serves O'Fallon, Missouri — a population of more than 88,000 and consistently ranked by numerous organizations as one of America's "Best Places to Live" and "Safest Cities."
- Annual $14.6 million budget
- Patrol officers work 12-hour shifts (this is not a 9-5 job); hours vary for other assignments
- Salary range: $66,123.20 to $81,369.60
- At least 21 years of age by hire date
- Meet background investigation standards
- Meet criminal history standards
- High School Diploma or GED required; (30 college credit hours preferred)
- Possess a Class "A" Missouri P.O.S.T. certification or be currently enrolled in a Missouri P.O.S.T.- approved Police Academy
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
- Testing: PT consists of 12 sit-ups, 9 full push-ups and running 1.5 miles in 18:30 or less; followed by a written test
- U.S. citizenship
- Valid Missouri driver's license and excellent driving record
Eligible Candidate Requirements
- Pass a written examination
- Pass a pre-employment physical agility test
- Pass a psychological test
- Pass a polygraph examination
- Successfully complete field training program
- Successfully complete 1-year probationary period
- 80 hours of vacation per year, increasing at five and 15 years
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans available for employees and dependents
- Basic life and AD&D offered at no cost to employees – Police Officer 2x their annual salary
- Uniforms provided
- Deferred compensation plan
- Educational assistance (up to $2,500 per year)
- Equipment (handgun, leather, etc.) provided
- Professionally-tailored uniforms provided
- Accumulated sick leave (up to 480 hours)
- 11 observed holidays & 1 personal holiday per year
- Paid funeral leave
- Military leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid bereavement and funeral leave
- State of the Art Fitness Center within the Police Station
The City of O'Fallon participates in the Missouri LAGERS L-6 program. Medical insurance through the City is also available for retirees. Benefits from the plan are in addition to your benefits from Social Security and supplemental deferred compensation plans.
How to apply
If the O'Fallon Police Department currently has openings, you may view detailed information and apply online using the City of O'Fallon's Human Resources portal.