Registration for returning swimmers and residents of O’Fallon will begin April 6, 2020, at 7 a.m.. Registration for non-residents of O’Fallon will begin April 13, 2020, at 7 a.m.
Alligator’s Creek Aquatic Center is home of the O'Fallon Torpedoes Swim Team. The Torpedoes season runs from late May to August. Swim meets are held on Monday evenings throughout St. Charles County.
The O'Fallon Torpedoes compete in the St. Charles County Summer Swim Team League, and host several meets throughout the summer. For the swim team to operate smoothly, all parents are asked to volunteer their time throughout the season. All parents are required to volunteer at swim meets.
To be eligible for the Swim Team, swimmers six and under must be able to swim one length of the pool without touching the bottom of the pool or grabbing onto the lane line or wall. Swimmers ages 7–18 should be able to perform the basic swim strokes and be able to swim two lengths of the pool using both strokes.
2020 Meet Schedule
- 6/08/2020 – Bye week
- 6/15/2020 – Away @ Laurel Park (5:00 p.m. Warm Ups / 5:30 p.m. Meet Start)
- 6/22/2020 – Home vs Blanchette (5:00 p.m. Warm Ups / 5:30 p.m. Meet Start)
- 6/27/2020 – Away @ Wentzville (6:30 a.m. Warm-Ups / 7:00 a.m. Meet Start
- 7/06/2020 – Bye week
- 7/13/2020 – Home vs Twin Chimneys (5:00 pm Warm Ups / 5:30 pm Meet Start)
- 7/20/2020 – Away @ Monticello (4:30 pm Warm Ups / 5:00 pm Meet Start)
- 7/27/2020 – Home vs Lake St. Louis (5:00 pm Warm Ups / 5:30 pm Meet Start)
- 8/01/2020 – All-County @ St. Peters Rec Plex (Details to come)
Ages 9 and under:
Wednesday and Thursday mornings, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Monday*, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, 6:15 - 7:15 p.m.
Ages 10 and over:
Wednesday and Thursday mornings, 8:00 a.m. - 9:10 a.m.
Monday*, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, 7:15 - 8:25 p.m.
*Monday evening practices will be held on the evening with no meets
**Swimmers may be asked to swim with another practice group.
***Call the RainOut line at 636-333-9900 ext. 9 if unsure about the weather
Other Important Dates and Information
- April 6 – Registration for returning swimmers and residents
- April 13 – Registration for non-residents
- May 21 – Parent meeting (7 p.m. at the large pavilion in Civic Park)
- June 16 – Team picture (6 p.m. at Alligator’s Creek)
- August 1 – All-County Meet (Rec-Plex)
- August 2 – Awards and pool party (6:30 p.m. at Alligator’s Creek)
Coaches and League Representatives
- Head Coach, Paige Schimmel
- Assistant Coaches, Kayla Tiemeyer, Mia Karpa, Sam Atienza
- Tuesday, June 16 at 6 p.m.
Swimmers should wear their team swimsuit or a plain black swimsuit for pictures and be ready as soon as they arrive. An individual photo and a team photo will be taken. All swimmers are expected to be in the team picture. More information on team pictures will be available at the parent’s meeting.