The City of O’Fallon’s Parks and Recreation Department is committed to conducting its recreation programs and activities in a safe manner and holds the safety of participants in high regard. The City of O’Fallon tries to reduce risks and desires that all participants follow safety rules and instructions that are designed to protect the participants’ safety. However, participants and parents/guardians of minors registered for the above listed programs must recognize that there is a risk of injury when choosing to participate in recreational activities/programs.
You are solely responsible for determining if you or your minor child/ward are physically fit and/or skilled for the programs or activities of the City of O’Fallon. It is always advisable, especially if the participant is pregnant, disabled in any way or has recently suffered illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any activity.
- A full refund will be given for classes cancelled by the City.
- No refunds or make-ups will be given for missed lessons.
- No refunds or credits will be given for cancellations made less than 7 days before the start of the class.
- A $15.00 service charge will be placed on returned checks.
- Refunds of $10.00 or less are credited to the customer’s account for future programs unless a refund is requested.
- Refunds over $10.00 may be requested for reimbursement by original payment method (cash will be refunded by check) to the main contact on the account.
- A service fee of $5.00 or 10% (whichever is greater) will apply to refunds initiated by the customer.
- Refunds take 2–3 weeks to process.
Photographs are occasionally taken of program and class participants. The photos are used to promote programs listed in the Parks & Rec Guide and other City of O’Fallon publications. If you prefer that you or your child not be photographed, please notify the photographer.
Warning of Risk
Recreational activities/programs are intended to challenge and engage the physical, mental and emotional resources of each participant. Even with careful and proper preparation, instruction, medical advice, conditioning and equipment, there is still a risk of serious injury and/or death when participating in any recreational activity/program. Not all hazards and dangers can be foreseen. Please understand that certain risks, dangers and injuries due to inclement weather, slipping, falling, poor skill level or conditioning, carelessness, horseplay, unsportsmanlike conduct, premises defects, inadequate or defective equipment, inadequate supervision, instruction or officiating and all other circumstances inherent to indoor and outdoor recreational activities/programs exist. It is impossible for the City of O’Fallon Parks Department to guarantee absolute safety.
Statement of Inclusion
The City of O’Fallon Parks and Recreation Department welcomes people of all abilities to participate in our programs and services. If you or someone you know has a disability and you would like to participate in one of our programs, please let us know how we can best meet your needs. The City of O’Fallon fully complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in making reasonable accommodations to facilitate participation. The Parks and Recreation Department is involved in a St. Charles County-wide Recreation Inclusion Partnership, which provides an Inclusion Coordinator to assist with these accommodations. This information is available in alternate formats on request.
The City of O’Fallon welcomes adults and children with disabilities, and is dedicated to providing recreation and health resources to the entire community.
To help those with disabilities benefit from all the choices offered by the Parks and Recreation Department, Inclusive Recreation Coordinator Brita Weight will work directly with participants, families, caregivers, friends, teachers and Parks and Recreation Department staff to resolve concerns and ensure that appropriate individualized accommodations are in place. Through open communication and by working cooperatively, challenges to inclusion can be overcome. Examples of accommodations include, but are not limited to:
- Modifying activities
- Changing staff-to-participant ratios
- Providing staff training
- Monitoring accommodations for effectiveness
For more information, please contact:
Brita Weight, St. Charles County Coordinator of Inclusive Recreation
Mail: 2650 Tri Sports Circle, O’Fallon, MO 63368
More Policies and Procedures
- Parks Master Plan
- RSC Policies
- Athletic Field Policies (PDF)
- Chapter 225 O'Fallon City Code (PDF)
- Chapter 225 O'Fallon City Code - Pets addendum (PDF)
- Fee Waiver Guidelines (PDF)
- Metal Detecting Policy (PDF)
- Parks Facilities Reservation Policies (PDF)
- Pavilion Fees (PDF)
- Special Event application (PDF)
- Weddings in Fort Zumwalt Park (PDF)