Frequently Asked Questions

How many parks does O’Fallon have, and where are they located?

The City of O’Fallon has seven developed parks: Civic, Dames, Fort Zumwalt, Knaust, Sports, Ozzie Smith Sports Complex and Westhoff. An eight park, O'Day Park, is currently under development and set to open in 2019.

Can I use a pavilion anytime, or do I have to rent it? And if so, how do I rent one?

Pavilions are available in every park except Knaust Park. Click here for more information about rentals.

I’d like to have wedding pictures taken in the park. Do I need a permit?

No, you do not need a permit to take photos. The park is a public area available for your use. However, it is advisable to call the Parks and Recreation Office at 636-379-5606 to confirm that there are no events scheduled in the park on the day of your photography session that would prohibit the session.

Where are the best places for photos?

Lake Whetsel in Fort Zumwalt Park makes a beautiful backdrop for photos.

Can I use a metal detector in the park?

Yes, you may. However, you may not dig for buried items.

Where can I register for classes, pay for rentals, or conduct other Parks and Recreation Department business?

O’Fallon’s Parks and Recreation Department has two business locations to serve the public: the Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices at 400 Civic Park Drive (open weekdays only), and the Renaud Spirit Center at 2650 Tri Sports Circle, which is open daily except for major holidays. All business can be carried out at either location, except for Civic Hall rentals, which must be completed at the Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices.

How can I rent a softball, football, or soccer field?

For baseball, softball and football field rentals, please contact Roy at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

For soccer field rentals, please contact Tyler at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Where can I find information about programs and classes offered by the Parks and Recreation Department?

The City of O’Fallon’s Park & Rec Guide contains a catalog of programs, and it is mailed to residents four times a year on the first week of March, June, September and December. Copies can be picked up at City facilities, and the guide is available online, too

Are the programs offered by the Renaud Spirit Center the same as the programs offered by the Parks and Recreation Department?

Yes. The Renaud Spirit Center is O’Fallon’s indoor recreation complex, and it also is a division of the Parks and Recreation Department. You may complete Parks and Recreation business at both locations. Online registration is also available.

Is alcohol allowed in O’Fallon’s parks?

Yes. However, we ask that no glass bottles be brought in to the parks.

May I bring my dog to the park?

Yes, dogs are allowed in our parks although they may be prohibited during special events, which allow only service animals. Pets must leashed at all times and wear an identifying collar with a current rabies tag. Please clean up after your pet.

May I fish in Lake Whetsel at Fort Zumwalt Park?

Yes. Lake Whetsel is stocked with crappie, catfish, bass and blue gill. 

Lake Whetzel Fishing Regulations:

  • Barbless hooks preferred
  • Daily Limits (also posted near the lake) – 10 fish, not to exceed:
    • 1 – catfish (minimum 15”)
    • 3 – large mouth bass (6” – 12”)
    • 1 – large mouth bass (over 18”)
    • 10 – blue gill (any size)
    • 10 – crappie (any size)
  • All other Missouri Department of Conservation rules and regulations apply.

Where is the Parks and Recreation Office located?

We are located at 400 Civic Park Drive, directly across the street from Civic Park. We are not located in City Hall.

What are the business hours for the Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices?

Offices are open from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. For business assistance at other times, please visit the Renaud Spirit Center, which is open daily except for major holidays, with evening and weekend hours.

How can I contact the Parks and Recreation Department?

Please call 636-379-5606 or 636-474-2732. If calling after business hours, please leave a message.