File a Complaint

Formal complaints against Police Department employees are accepted in writing and signed by the person making the complaint. You may make an appointment with the Internal Affairs Office to arrange and complete that process.

Just as citizens who are arrested must be notified of the charges against them, Police Officers must also be notified and provided a copy of the complaint prior to any potential employment action.

In order to file a complaint you must contact Major Kyle Kelley or the supervisor on duty.

Major Kyle Kelley This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 636-240-3200

The Department does not accept complaints later than 180 days from the date of the incident related to the complaint, with exception to very special cases such as criminal misconduct, or when good cause can be shown making the complaint sooner was not possible or practical.

Complaints must be made by a person who “has standing:” i.e., the actual recipient of police misconduct, a person who witnesses an unlawful act by a Police Officer, or parents/legal guardians making complaints on behalf of minors.

Civil rights violation

A person who wishes to file a complaint involving violations of civil rights may also choose to make his/her complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice by contacting your local F.B.I. office.

Unacceptable comments

The Internal Affairs Office does not accept complaints in regard to the guilt or innocence of defendants in traffic ticket cases and/or criminal offenses. Those matters are reserved to the judgment of the proper judicial court for adjudication.