O’Fallon’s “Cabin Fever Daze” update includes Human Dogsled Race entry extension
With O’Fallon’s winter festival, Cabin Fever Daze, fast approaching, more information has been posted on O’Fallon’s website. The family-friendly event will be held snow or shine, January 25 – 27, in O’Fallon Sports Park, 3589 Highway K, O Fallon, MO 63368. Festival hours will be 4 - 8 p.m. on Friday, noon - 8 p.m. on Saturday, and 1- 5 p.m. on Sunday. Admission and parking are free, and food, beverages and winter-festival merchandise will available for purchase.
- Ice skating all three days on O’Fallon’s first outdoor rink for $5 for a 45-minute session; bring your own skates or rent skates for $1.
- The deadline to enter the Human Dogsled Race has been extended to January 22. The race begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday, January 26, with prizes for winners and best costume. Rules and applications are posted on the City’s website, www.ofallon.mo.us.
- Strap on a pair of snowshoes and trek over the Snowshoe Obstacle Course, free. Weave through a thicket of trees, climb a makeshift mountain, hop a hula hoop hurdle, dribble a soccer ball, duck under a rope and dash for the finish line. Snowshoes and ski poles will be provided, free, by Cabela’s.
- Field Broomball will be available for playing, free. First-come-first-play sign-ups will be available on Saturday, with open play on Sunday. Playing equipment will be provided, free, for this non-traditional version of the game.
- The Kids’ Area will be open 1-5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, free, for snowflake-making and other winter-themed crafts. The “Snowflake Lady,” Marion Nichols, will demonstrate the art and fun of snipping intricate paper snowflakes on both days.
- More free fun: watch a fire performer from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday, and see ice carving demonstrations on Saturday beginning at 2 p.m.
- Don’t miss Fruit Cake Chuckin.’ Bring your own fruit cake or pay a $1 per shot, load the catapult and fire away!