Remember when you leave your car, make sure you remember to lock it... or risk losing it.
O'Fallon Update Newsblog
City Officials and family members of Bill Hayden recently gathered at Brendan's Playground for a magical sign dedication. Check out the highlights from that day.
In observance of Labor Day on Monday, September 5, the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall), 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366, will be closed for the day. In addition:
- The Renaud Spirit Center (RSC) also will be closed on Labor Day, and remain closed through Sunday, September 11, for annual building maintenance. The indoor recreation complex is located at 2650 Tri Sport Circle (63368).
- Alligator’s Creek Aquatic Center will be open for the holiday weekend, September 3 – 5, with regular pool hours of 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Saturday, noon – 7 p.m. on Sunday, and noon – 6 p.m. on Monday. The outdoor aquatic complex is located in Civic Park at 403 Civic Park Drive (63366). Visit www.ofallon.mo.us/parks&rec/alligators-creek-aquatic-center for more information, or call 636-272-1626.
- Pack refreshments and lawn chairs and head for the Civic Park Bandstand for the annual Labor Day Concert by the O’Fallon Community Concert Band with special guest the St. Charles Municipal Band. The concert will be held from 7 – 8:15 p.m. on Monday, September 5. Admission and parking are free.
- For residents enrolled in the City’s trash and recycling program, there will be no change in O’Fallon’s residential trash, recycling and yard waste collection due to the holiday. Please put trash at the curb on your regularly-assigned day.
Performing arts takes center stage this fall with O’Fallon’s Parks and Recreation programing for kids who want to have fun and learn acting, singing and dancing for the stage.
Youth Performing Arts Classes include: “Junior Art of Acting,” “Junior Show Tunes” and “Theatre Dance Dynamics” for ages 7 – 12, and “Intermediate Art of Acting” for ages 13-16. These are 12-week programs except for “Intermediate Art of Acting,” a six-week program, and they will meet in the Lower Level of the O’Fallon Senior Center. The six-week class is $50 for O’Fallon residents or $56 for non-residents, and the 12-week classes are $96 for residents and $108 for non-residents. The enrollment deadline for all is Tuesday, September 6, with classes for ages 7-12 starting Tuesday, September 13, and the class ages 13-16 starting Thursday, September 15....
8-24 UPDATE: The railroad work at the Hoff Road crossing has been postponed to a later date. No reschedule date has been provided at this time.
The City of O’Fallon will request the release of 2016 CDBG funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on Friday, August 26, 2016, following a two-week period in which the public will have the opportunity to comment on the slated use of the funds. O’Fallon’s 2016 CDBG Annual Action Plan identifies community needs and has been proposed for the following projects:
- Home improvement loans and siding replacement grants to eligible, low-to-moderate income households throughout O’Fallon
- Senior transportation and assistance through the Mid-East Area Agency on Aging, which operates out of O’Fallon’s Senior Center
- Public Service Agency Assistance reimbursements for eligible public service agencies which support O’Fallon residents
- The Disabled Transportation Program which provides rides to medical and essential living appointments for residents with disabilities
- ADA Public Facility Assistance Program funds for the removal of material and/or architectural barriers that restrict the mobility or accessibility of elderly or severely-disabled persons to public facilities
- Program Administration providing for the salary, benefits and training of the CDBG program administrator
Every other month through 2016, the City of O’Fallon’s Environmental Services Department holds two events that can help people dispose of unwanted items.
Free Electronics & Appliance Recycling Event – Open to everyone, drop off unwanted appliances and electronics – basically anything that has an electric cord or takes a battery – at O’Fallon’s CarShield Field (formerly T.R. Hughes Ballpark west parking lot) from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, August 13. The parking lot is located at the southwest corner of Tom Ginnever Ave. and T.R. Hughes Blvd., O’Fallon 63366....
Open auditions for the classic World War II drama, The Diary of Anne Frank, will be held on Sunday, August 14, from noon to 2 p.m. at the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall), 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366.
Auditioners should bring a photo of themselves and a resume and be prepared to perform a cold reading from the script. Call-backs will begin at 7 p.m. on Monday, August 15. Crew members also are needed to help with the production. Performances will be held Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 4 – 6 and 11 – 13....
To show appreciation for deployed U.S. troops, donations of commonly used items difficult to get while stationed overseas are being collected through O’Fallon’s Support Our Troops Supply Drive. The drive kicks off Thursday, August 11, and continues through September 11, with multiple collection sites throughout the community.
“Our troops overseas deeply appreciate knowing that America remembers them as they serve, and they also welcome the snacks and practical items from home,” said Kathy Halstead, O’Fallon’s Volunteer Services Manager. “Donations from this annual drive will be sorted, packaged and shipped as part of National Day of Service and Remembrance on September 11, one of several projects to be completed by caring citizens. We’re also encouraging people to contribute signed ‘thank you’ notes and cards for the troops, including personal messages of gratitude, which will be placed into the packages being sent overseas.”...
The City of O’Fallon, Missouri, is looking for artists to showcase and sell their original fine art and unique, high-end crafts at the RSC Art & Family Festival, which will be held from 5 – 8 p.m. on Saturday, September 24, at the Renaud Spirit Center (RSC), 2650 Tri Sports Circle, O’Fallon 63368.