We've all heard that recycling is good for the environment, but have you ever been curious about its other benefits? O'FallonTV's Brett Figus show's us what recycling is doing for our community!
The O’Fallon City Council will hold a special meeting today, March 17, 2015, to consider a second reading for final passage of Bill No. 6584, an Ordinance authorizing and directing the purchase of property located on Bryan Road near the intersection of Veteran's Memorial Parkway for Municipal Purposes. The meeting will be held at 5 p.m. in the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall), 100 North Main Street....
The Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) is an insect that has found its way into the O’Fallon community in the spring of 2014 and will create an infestation that is fatal to all species of ash trees. The EAB will spread through the community and begin killing only ash trees during the next eight years. Watch this video to learn what you can do to protect your ash trees.
On Monday, February 16, 2015, the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall) will be closed in observance of Presidents Day. In addition:
- The O’Fallon Parks and Recreation Administration Office, 400 Civic Park Drive (63366), also will be closed.
- The Renaud Spirit Center (RSC) recreation complex will be open with regular business hours of 5:15 a.m. – 10 p.m. The RSC is located at 2650 Tri Sports Circle (63368). www.renaudspiritcenter.com
- The O’Fallon Veterans Commission will hold a workshop at 7 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room at City Hall.
- There will be no change in the week’s trash and recycling collection schedule for City customers.
Today, during O’Fallon Mayor Bill Hennessy’s annual State of the City Address, he announced the City’s intent to purchase property for a new Police Station and Municipal Court building....
O'Fallon residents can stay up-to-date with everything happening in their city. With five websites, a TV channel, a newsletter and a parks and rec guide, it's easy to stay in touch with city events, government meetings, and more.
The City of O’Fallon, Missouri, will observe the following schedule for these City facilities and services over the Thanksgiving holiday:
- O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall), 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366, will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 27-28. Visit www.ofallon.mo.us or call 636-240-2000 for more information.
- The Renaud Spirit Center (RSC) indoor recreation complex will be closed on Thanksgiving, but it will be open on Friday, November 28 with regular business hours of 5:15 a.m.-9 p.m. The RSC is located at 2650 Tri Sports Circle, O’Fallon 63368. Call 636-474-2732 or visit www.renaudspiritcenter.com for more information.
- Also on Friday, November 28, O’Fallon’s Celebration of Lights display in Fort Zumwalt Park will open for the season from 6-10 p.m. The park will be open nightly through December 30 except on Christmas, December 25. Hours and vehicle restrictions may apply so check www.ofallon.mo.us/COL or call 636-379-5614 for more information.
- For O’Fallon residents enrolled in the City’s trash and recycling collection, service will move forward one day, with Thursday’s collection moving to Friday, and Friday’s collection moving to Saturday. For more information, visit www.ofallon.mo.us/holiday-schedule
With the holiday season upon us, it’s a great time for the entire family to join in a day of giving and service to help their less fortunate neighbors. On Saturday, November 22, the City of O’Fallon is hosting National Family Volunteer Day, a day of service that demonstrates and celebrates the power of families who volunteer together to support their neighborhoods and communities.
As part of National Family Volunteer Day, and with support from generationOn and Disney Friends for Change, families are invited to spend the morning helping to strengthen our community, while also strengthening themselves. Volunteering together as a family provides quality time, strengthens family communication, and provides opportunities for family members to be role models to their children and others....