The Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council continued their commitment to our community with a special presentation on black history month and diversity. Watch the video here.
On Monday, February 16, 2015, the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall) will be closed in observance of Presidents Day. In addition:
- The O’Fallon Parks and Recreation Administration Office, 400 Civic Park Drive (63366), also will be closed.
- The Renaud Spirit Center (RSC) recreation complex will be open with regular business hours of 5:15 a.m. – 10 p.m. The RSC is located at 2650 Tri Sports Circle (63368). www.renaudspiritcenter.com
- The O’Fallon Veterans Commission will hold a workshop at 7 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room at City Hall.
- There will be no change in the week’s trash and recycling collection schedule for City customers.
Today, during O’Fallon Mayor Bill Hennessy’s annual State of the City Address, he announced the City’s intent to purchase property for a new Police Station and Municipal Court building....
O'Fallon residents can stay up-to-date with everything happening in their city. With five websites, a TV channel, a newsletter and a parks and rec guide, it's easy to stay in touch with city events, government meetings, and more.
Nurture your child’s athletic side by enrolling him or her in O’Fallon’s exciting soccer leagues for kids ages 4-14.
“In addition to getting healthy exercise from head to toe, kids will have fun making friends, developing their ball-handling skills, learning team strategy and playing the game,” said Alyssa Groeteke, Recreation Coordinator for O’Fallon’s Parks and Recreation Department....
The City of O’Fallon, Missouri, will observe the following schedule for these City facilities and services over the Thanksgiving holiday:
- O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall), 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366, will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 27-28. Visit www.ofallon.mo.us or call 636-240-2000 for more information.
- The Renaud Spirit Center (RSC) indoor recreation complex will be closed on Thanksgiving, but it will be open on Friday, November 28 with regular business hours of 5:15 a.m.-9 p.m. The RSC is located at 2650 Tri Sports Circle, O’Fallon 63368. Call 636-474-2732 or visit www.renaudspiritcenter.com for more information.
- Also on Friday, November 28, O’Fallon’s Celebration of Lights display in Fort Zumwalt Park will open for the season from 6-10 p.m. The park will be open nightly through December 30 except on Christmas, December 25. Hours and vehicle restrictions may apply so check www.ofallon.mo.us/COL or call 636-379-5614 for more information.
- For O’Fallon residents enrolled in the City’s trash and recycling collection, service will move forward one day, with Thursday’s collection moving to Friday, and Friday’s collection moving to Saturday. For more information, visit www.ofallon.mo.us/holiday-schedule
With the holiday season upon us, it’s a great time for the entire family to join in a day of giving and service to help their less fortunate neighbors. On Saturday, November 22, the City of O’Fallon is hosting National Family Volunteer Day, a day of service that demonstrates and celebrates the power of families who volunteer together to support their neighborhoods and communities.
As part of National Family Volunteer Day, and with support from generationOn and Disney Friends for Change, families are invited to spend the morning helping to strengthen our community, while also strengthening themselves. Volunteering together as a family provides quality time, strengthens family communication, and provides opportunities for family members to be role models to their children and others....
Treat your family to an evening of holiday magic at O’Fallon’s Tree Lighting Ceremony on Wednesday, November 19 from 6 – 8 p.m. A City tradition, the Tree Lighting Ceremony gets the season off to an official start at the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall) as everyone gathers around for the countdown to the lighting of a huge Christmas tree in the rotunda and the arrival of Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Parents and grandparents, be sure to bring your cameras! The evening’s fun includes hugs from Rudolph and the Gingerbread Man, the sweet sound of live choral music, visits with Santa, kids’ games and crafts, face painting and rides on the City Train (weather permitting). Vendors’ will be on hand with decorations and hand-crafted gifts for sale, and concessions will be available for purchase....
O’Fallon, Missouri’s annual ceremony honoring and thanking veterans for their service will begin at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, November 11, at O’Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk, 800 Belleau Creek Road, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366. Free parking is available.
The ceremony, which has been planned by the O’Fallon Veterans Commission, VFW Post 5077 and American Legion Post 388, includes remarks by Mayor Bill Hennessy and keynote speaker Major Matthew Pieper, U.S. Air Force. Maj. Pieper is an O’Fallon resident. In addition, local students will read original essays submitted to the VFW’s annual “The Voice of Democracy” and “The Patriot’s Pen” contests....