Saturday, May 6, 2017
10 AM – 2 PM, Fort Zumwalt Park
Enjoy a great spring day with something for everyone: live music, heritage demonstrations, gardening experts and clubs, an Arbor Day ceremony at 10 a.m., a free tree seedling giveaway (while supplies last), historic Heald Home and Zumwalt’s Fort self-guided tours ($5 package for ages 11+), and the St. Charles Model Railroad Club Open House.
Vendors will sell hand-made items and live plants. Food will be available for purchase from Sorelle (gyros, pulled pork, hot dogs, nachos, cotton candy) along with shaved ice from Kona Ice.
This year’s entertainment and educational highlights include:
- George Portz & the Friends of Bluegrass
- Professor Farquar’s “Great American Medicine Show”
- The Lewis and Clark Fife and Drum Corps
- Demonstrations of basket weaving, sheep-to-shawl spinning and more
- Hands-on activities including a petting farm, soap carving, cornhusk doll-making, cow milking, cattle roping, archery, giant checkers and more
- Historic and preservation organizations: Daughters of the American Revolution, O’Fallon Historical Society, O’Fallon Preservation Commission, Three Rivers Beekeepers.
Get Directions to Founders' Day & Garden Expo
Fort Zumwalt Park, O'Fallon, MO 63366