Dance all night and shop all day at O’Fallon’s annual Fall Fest & Street Dance. Entertainment and music is free both days! Then, put on your running shoes and meet outside O’Fallon City Hall for the 14th Annual O’Fallon Fall Fest Run on Saturday, October 8, 2016, at 7 a.m. Learn more about the Fall Fest Run, including how to register.
O’Fallon Food Truck Frenzy and Fall Fest Street Dance
Friday, October 7, 2016 • 6 – 10 p.m. • Free!
Welcome to the party! Eat great food from some of the region's top food trucks and dance to the music of one of the St. Louis area's most popular local bands, Contagious! Food trucks and arts and crafts/merchandise booths will be open at 6 p.m., and the music and dance begins at 7 p.m.
- Dough Boy
- Cruzin Fusion
O’Fallon Fall Fest
Saturday, October 8, 2016 • 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. • Free! Rain or shine!
Celebrate the arrival of Fall by listening to great live bluegrass music and shopping at booths brimming with house and garden specialties, jewelry, clothing and accessories, fall and holiday decorations, original art, trendy crafts, and delicious festival-style food and beverages.
Artists & Crafters
Bluegrass music and entertainment
- 10:30–11:00 – Moore Family Bluegrass Band
- 11:00–11:30 – Eric Thompson, Harmonica Champion
- 11:30–12:30 – National “Open” Fiddle Champion, George Portz & Friends of Bluegrass
- 12:30–1:00 – Deven Mahale, Jr Fiddle Champion
- 1:00–1:30 – Moore Family Bluegrass Band
- 1:30–1:45 – Fiddlers Frolic
- 1:45–2:15 – Eric Thompson, Harmonica Champion
- 2:15–2:30 – Mississippi Mudpuppies Cajun Band
- 2:30–3:00 – Brenda Cook, Bluegrass Vocalist
- 3:00–4:00 – National “Open” Fiddle Champion, George Portz & Friends of Bluegrass
Log Cabin Museum
- Be sure to stop in at the O’Fallon Historical Society’s Log Cabin Museum for a free tour and a few good stories from O’Fallon’s 160 years of history.
Free Activities • All Day
- Farmer for a Day – Young children will love learning about agriculture by picking apples, gathering eggs, digging potatoes or milking a cow.
- John Deere pedal tractors
- Barnyard petting zoo
- Home Depot Kids' Workshop
- Pumpkin painting sponsored by First Baptist Church
O’Fallon’s Scarecrow-Making Contest
Registration for the contest is now closed. Please vote for your favorite scarecrow entry on Visit O'Fallon's Facebook page from Tuesday, October 4, at 8 a.m. through Thursday, October 6, at noon. One vote per individual will be accepted.
Join in decorating downtown O’Fallon with scarecrows for a chance at winning a cash prize of $100, $200 or $300. In celebration of O’Fallon’s annual Fall Fest, the City will display original scarecrows entered in the Scarecrow-Making Contest and award prizes to the three most popular entries. Contest rules and regulations are included in the application (see below).
Finally, be sure to vote on Visit O'Fallon's Facebook page October 4, at 8 a.m. until October 6, at Noon for your favorite entry! The winners will be announced at the Fall Fest Street Dance on Friday, October 7.
O’Fallon Fall Fest Run (5K and 10K)
Saturday, October 8, 2016 • 7 a.m.
On your mark, get ready for fun and exercise on a pretty October morning by registering for O’Fallon’s Fall Fest Run. The 5K (3.1-mile) and 10K (6.2 mile) races, which have divisions for all ages and a costume contest for race participants, will begin outside O’Fallon’s Municipal Centre, 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, MO 63366.
Runners can set their own pace as they follow a marked circuit through the surrounding neighborhood and streets, returning to the start/finish line at City Hall.
Complimentary snacks and beverages will be served after the race, with the awards ceremony beginning at approximately 8 a.m.
Awards will be presented to the top three male and female runners overall, the top three male/female runners in each division, and for 1st, 2rd and 3rd place for best super hero costumes worn throughout the race by participants. The annual Fall Fest will open nearby in Civic Park at 10 a.m.
O’Fallon’s 14th Annual Fall Fest Run is provided by the City of O’Fallon, Missouri, with sponsorship from local businesses.
The Fall Fest Run offers divisions for:
14-and-under, 15-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+, the Baby Stroller Division (5K only), Athena (for females weighing 150 lbs. or more), and Clydesdale (for males weighing 205 lbs. or more).
The Superhero Costume Contest is open to all race participants at no extra charge, with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes awarded to the best super hero costumes worn throughout the race. Please keep costumes family-friendly!
- Early registration through September 4. Cost is $15 for the 5K, and $20 for the 10K.
- Register through October 7 at the O'Fallon Parks and Recreation Office, 400 Civic Park Drive. Cost is $18 per person for the 5K and $23 per person for the 10K.
- Race Day registration is $20 per person for the 5K and $25 per person for the 10K; registration will be held on site from 6–6:45 a.m.
- Online registration is available until Sunday, October 2.
A group discount of $3 per entry is available for 20 or more during early registration, only. Group participants must fill out individual registration forms, and ALL registration forms must be sent together with ONE payment for the entire group.
Important Information for the Fall Fest Run
What awards are given?
Awards will be presented to the top male and female runners overall, the top three male/female runners in each division, plus 1st, 2rd and 3rd place prizes for best zombie costumes worn throughout the race by participants.
When and where will the awards ceremony be held?
The awards ceremony begins at approximately 8 a.m. in the Multipurpose Room inside the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall).
What are the rules for the Zombie Costume Contest?
Prizes of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded to registered race participants for the best zombie costumes worn throughout the race. Please dress appropriately for a family-friendly event.
Can I get a refund?
Can I sponsor the event?
Can I volunteer?
Can I pick up my award if I miss the awards ceremony?
Can I pick up my race packet if I miss the race?
Can anyone follow me in a vehicle on the course to cheer me on?
Where do I park?
Check the site map in your race packet for parking instructions. In general, you can park off Sonderen Lane around the O’Fallon Senior Center (at the east end of the O’Fallon Municipal Centre parking lot) and in the parking lot at the corner of Wabash and Sonderen.
What type of timing system is used for the event?
Fleet Feet Sports will be timing the event via DAG DIGITAL TIMING.
Get Directions to Fall Fest activities
308 Civic Park Drive (Civic Park) and 100 North Main Street (Municipal Centre), O'Fallon, MO 63666