Volunteers and donations are needed for O’Fallon’s National Days of Service and Remembrance on September 11 -13. The event features community service projects honoring the everyday heroes and the memory of the victims of the attacks of September 11, 2001. The
- The Support Our Troops Supply Drive, which began August 11, continues through September 11 for personal care items, batteries, and small packages of snacks for troops. Drop-off sites are listed at . Donations of $15 per box are also needed to cover mailing costs. Called a “Stamp of Support,” the donations can be dropped off at City Hall, with checks made payable to H.E.R.O.E.S. Care.
- The Patriot Blood Drive will be held on Friday, September 12, from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the O’Fallon Municipal Center (City Hall), 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, MO 63366. Walk-ins are welcome! Take just a few minutes to save a life or three with a donation of blood.
- Citizens United in Service will be held on Saturday, September 13, from 9 - 11 a.m. at various locations around O’Fallon. Projects have been designed to support first responders and military personnel. Pre-registration is required; register at www.ofallon.mo.us.
- Clean the monuments and green space at O’Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk
- Collect litter along Veterans Memorial Parkway
- Sort and box donated items for shipment to U.S. troops
- Write and decorate “thank you” cards for military members and their families