Each year, O'Fallon honors the fallen and celebrates the survivors at our Patriot Day Ceremony. Watch the highlights from that day.
To celebrate O’Fallon’s 30th annual Fall Fest on October 10, O’Fallon’s Tourism and Festivals Department is providing City business-owners, organizations and groups with a chance to win a prize of $100, $200 or $300 for the most popular hand-made scarecrow entered in the Scarecrow Decorating Contest.
“The contest is an incentive to encourage our City’s businesses, civic organizations, scout troops, churches, clubs and other groups to create original, hand-made scarecrows to decorate our City,” said Marsha Seymour, O’Fallon’s Tourism and Festivals Manager....
The O’Fallon Veterans Commission will hold a POW/MIA Remembrance Day Ceremony at 7 p.m. on Friday, September 19, at O’Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk, 800 Belleau Creek Road, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366. The public is invited to join in the annual event, which is hosted by Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 458 and AMVETS Post 106 on behalf of men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces who remain missing in action or imprisoned on foreign soil.
Please take a few minutes to view O’FallonTV’s great new video on Facebook about what O’Fallon might look like in 25 years. The video is part of a contest sponsored by the National League of Cities and O’Fallon can win free registration at this year’s NLC National Conference! Like the video, share it with your friends and enjoy a great laugh.
The City of O’Fallon, Missouri, will conduct a public hearing that will begin at 9 a.m. on Friday, September 19, 2014, concerning the Fiscal Year 2015 Annual Plan for the O’Fallon Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. The hearing will be held at the Developmental Disabilities Resource Board office, 1025 Country Club Road, St. Charles, Missouri 63303.
A free seminar for O’Fallon home-owners who would like to apply for O’Fallon’s zero-interest Home Improvement Loan Program will be held from 6 – 7 p.m. on Thursday, September 11, at the O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall), 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon MO 63366.
O’Fallon’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) office provides no-interest loans of up to $5,000 to a limited number of low-to-moderate income O’Fallon homeowners who qualify. The funds can be used to repair or replace air conditioning and furnace units, water heaters, sump pumps, windows, siding and roof repair. The loans can’t be used for new construction, appliances or security alarm systems....
Volunteers and donations are needed for O’Fallon’s National Days of Service and Remembrance on September 11 -13. The event features community service projects honoring the everyday heroes and the memory of the victims of the attacks of September 11, 2001. The
- The Support Our Troops Supply Drive, which began August 11, continues through September 11 for personal care items, batteries, and small packages of snacks for troops. Drop-off sites are listed at . Donations of $15 per box are also needed to cover mailing costs. Called a “Stamp of Support,” the donations can be dropped off at City Hall, with checks made payable to H.E.R.O.E.S. Care.
- The Patriot Blood Drive will be held on Friday, September 12, from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the O’Fallon Municipal Center (City Hall), 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, MO 63366. Walk-ins are welcome! Take just a few minutes to save a life or three with a donation of blood.
- Citizens United in Service will be held on Saturday, September 13, from 9 - 11 a.m. at various locations around O’Fallon. Projects have been designed to support first responders and military personnel. Pre-registration is required; register at www.ofallon.mo.us.
- Clean the monuments and green space at O’Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk
- Collect litter along Veterans Memorial Parkway
- Sort and box donated items for shipment to U.S. troops
- Write and decorate “thank you” cards for military members and their families
The public is invited to attend the City of O’Fallon’s annual Patriot Day ceremony, “A Tribute to First Responders,” which will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 11, at the City’s 9-11 memorial.
Created from steel salvaged from the destruction of New York City’s World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, the monument is located outside the O’Fallon Police Department entrance to O’Fallon’s Municipal Centre, 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366. The event honors the police, firefighters and paramedics who stepped forward to rescue victims of the attacks in 2001, and also honors our community’s First Responders, the men and women who daily put their lives on the line to save others and keep our community safe....
Kicking off an evening of celebration as the River City Rascals gear up for Frontier League playoffs, O’Fallon’s River City Rascals Pep Rally will begin at 6 p.m. on Friday, September 5, at T.R. Hughes Ballpark, 900 T.R. Hughes Boulevard in O’Fallon, MO 63366. Admission is free! Fans can purchase delicious food from food trucks and beverages and snacks from ballpark concessions, and watch a free showing of the blockbuster movie, Frozen, on a big screen set up in the centerfield.
There’s more: the Sunset Amusement Band will provide popular rock and country hits, the O’Fallon Police Department’s K-9 team will give demonstrations, and from 7:30 – 8 p.m., Rascals players will meet with fans and sign autographs. In addition, a variety of free activities and entertainment will be provided throughout the ballpark from 6 – 8 p.m., including “between inning” games and giveaways, appearances by Ruffy, the Rascals’ mascot, a stilt walker/baseball juggler, face painters, a balloon artist, hula hoop demonstrations, old-fashioned bubble-blowing and an inflatable speed pitch. The St. Charles County Amateur Sports Hall of Fame will be open, free. And the Rascals’ Team Shop and Box Office will be selling souvenirs and playoff tickets....
In observance of the Labor Day holiday on Monday, September 1, O’Fallon’s Municipal Centre (City Hall) at 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, MO 63366, will be closed for the day. In addition:
- Alligator’s Creek Aquatic Center will be open for the holiday weekend, August 30 through September 1, with regular pool hours of 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Saturday, noon – 7 p.m. on Sunday, and noon – 6 p.m. on Monday. The outdoor aquatic complex is located in Civic Park at 403 Civic Park Drive (63366). Visit www.ofallon.mo.us/Parks&Rec for more information, or call 636-272-1626.
- On Monday, September 1, pack some refreshments, grab some lawn chairs and head to Civic Park for the annual “Labor Day Concert” at 2 p.m. Featuring music by the O’Fallon Community Concert Band, the program includes “Rhapsody of Reruns” (TV show theme songs), “Instant Concert” (33 tunes in 2 1/2 minutes), and “Opening Night on Broadway.”
- O’Fallon’s indoor recreation complex, the Renaud Spirit Center, will be closed on Labor Day, and then remain closed through Sunday, September 7, for annual building maintenance. The facility is located at 2650 Tri Sport Circle, O’Fallon, Missouri 63368.
- For the week of September 1-7, there will be no change in O’Fallon’s residential trash, recycling and yard waste collection due to the holiday. Please put trash, recycling and yard waste at the curb on your regularly-assigned day.