Volunteers and donations are needed for O’Fallon’s National Days of Service and Remembrance on September 11–12. The event features community service projects honoring the everyday heroes and the memory of the victims of the attacks of September 11, 2001.
- The Support Our Troops Supply Drive, which began August 11, continues through September 11 for personal care items, batteries, and small packages of snacks for troops. Drop-off sites are listed at . Donations of $15.90 per box are also needed to cover mailing costs. Called a “Stamp of Support,” the donations can be dropped off at City Hall, with checks made payable to H.E.R.O.E.S. Care.
- The Patriot Blood Drive will be held on Friday, September 11, from 9 a.m.–1 p.m. at the O’Fallon Municipal Center (City Hall), 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, MO 63366. Walk-ins are welcome!
- The City of O’Fallon and United Way of Greater St. Louis will partner to host Citizens United in Service on Saturday, September 12, from 9 –11 a.m. This event, which is supported by a Points of Light grant received by United Way, offers service projects designed to support first responders and military personnel:
- Clean the monuments and green space at O’Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk
- Collect litter along Veterans Memorial Parkway
- Sort and box donated items for shipment to U.S. troops
- Write and decorate “thank you” cards for military members and their families