Learn emergency and disaster preparedness skills, free at the O’Fallon Police Department’s Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program on September 22, 23 and 24. The course includes hands-on training in these topics, and more:
- Assembling a disaster preparedness kit for home and car
- Hands-on basic head-to-toe medical assessment, simple triage and rapid treatment techniques for airway obstruction, bleeding, shock, and basic first aid for injuries, burns, etc.
- Learning when and how to shut off utilities at home
- Working as a team to safely to conduct triage, light search and rescue, sizing up and extinguishing small fires, maintaining rescuer safety
- Communicating effectively with public safety organizations during a disaster
The course is designed for individuals, couples, neighborhood association members, faith-based groups, businesses and employees, law enforcement candidates and those with medical training....