For a joyous family night out, come to the Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll and enjoy walking through the Celebration of Lights in Fort Zumwalt Park, O'Fallon 63366. The Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll will be held on Tuesday, December 10, from 6 – 9 p.m. The cost is $2 for ages 3 and up, and free for younger children. To make the most of this festive evening, no vehicles, pets, bikes or skateboards will be allowed in the park.
- See delightful holiday scenes and thousands of twinkling lights illuminating the park, listen to the sweet sounds of caroling and purchase tasty festival-style food and beverages.
- Kids can visit Santa (don’t forget your camera!) and make a holiday craft, free.
- Watch fireworks light up the sky over Lake Whetsel at 7:25 p.m.
- Step into the St. Charles Model Railroad Club to see the club’s elaborate display of working model trains and miniature city and country landscapes. www.stcharlesrailroadclub.com
- Warm up in the historic Heald Home, where vendors will sell holiday crafts, décor, and unique gifts.
Watch for signs to free parking and shuttle service near the park at the First Baptist Church, 8570 Veterans Memorial Parkway (63366), and O’Fallon Christian Church, 9380 Veterans Memorial Parkway (63366). The event will be held rain or shine.